Daffodil has completed the Going Away Scheme qualification and is therefore qualified to organise and run Brownie Holidays; so we aim to go away twice a year around Spring and Autumn time 🙂 Our last Brownie holiday was in June 2019 – to see what we got up to check out our Parva House blog here. Our next Brownie holiday dates are:
Friday 27th to Sunday 29th March 2020 – Parva House
Friday 18th to Sunday 20th September 2020 – Seagull House
March 2020 – Parva House
We are returning to Parva House in March 2020:
Drop off: 6 – 6.30pm on Friday 27th March
Pick up: 11.15 – 11.30am on Sunday 29th March
Theme: We’ve decided to leave full-on themed holidays for when we go to Seagull House as that better suits the facilities there. For Parva House, it will be a more relaxing weekend with emphasis on messy craft (painting, modelling) , messy play (experiments), messy cooking and of course, lots of fun games and activities. We will complete the Messy Challenge and Brownie Painting Interest badges.
Deposit of £15 to be paid online here by Monday 6th January.
Final balance of £20 to be paid online by Monday 13th January.
Sign-up – limited to 18 for whole weekend plus 6 for day visit only
Confirmed places: Amelia W, Aurora, Chloe, Eloise, Esmee, Kitty, Lilly, Monty, Ned, Paige, Roger, Sophie S & Trevor (13)
Day Visitors only: Ellie T & Isla J
Packing List –
- Pillowcase, t-shirt, vest or similar for tie dying. Must be 100% cotton and plain.
- Alternative face mask if unable to use home-made (yoghurt, honey, cocoa)
- Sleeping bag in sleeping bag carrier
- Teddy bear or other night comforter
- Camp blanket/poncho (if owned)
- Pillow in pillow case
- PJs & slippers (hand carry slippers as outside shoes not permitted in the building)
- Baseball cap/sun hat/warm hat for garden
- 2 x Underwear & socks
- 2 x T-shirts & jumpers (wear one, pack one)*
- 2 x Trousers/leggings (wear one, pack one)*
* Brownie uniform is not required for whole weekend; arrive in uniform which they will wear on Saturday ; own clothes for Sunday.
- Wash bag containing toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, flannel, soap etc.
- Extra flannel to wash off mud face mask
- Carrier bag for dirty underwear
- Hand towel for washing
- Hairband, bobbles etc. as shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back
- Sun cream and lip balm
- Torch – check it works before leaving
- Plastic refillable drinks bottle (with name/initials on)
- One tea-towel (named if possible or at least easily identifiable!)
- Pocket money for Parva House tuck shop (£3 max – loose coins, no notes).
Based on the food preferences surveys completed (on payment of deposit), our menu is as follows:
Friday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Saturday Breakfast – cereals, toast, jam & chocolate spread served with fruit juice
Saturday Lunch – sandwiches as picked, yoghurt, biscuit, piece of fruit and bag of crisps
Saturday Dinner – chicken/sausage roast with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy
Saturday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Sunday Breakfast – same as Saturday.
September 2020 – Seagull House
We are returning to Seagull House for our annual Autumn term weekend. A 2-night, full board adventure.
When: Drop off: 7pm on Friday 18th Sept / Pick up: 1200noon on Sunday 20th Sept
Theme – Seaside – Challenge badge tbc.
Cost – round £30-£40 (depending on available funds)
Sign-up – sign up and forms will start Easter 2020.