When a new girl joins Brownies for the first time, she is known as a Tweenie until she takes her Promise. A “Tweenie” is a girl who is ‘tween not being a Brownie and not being a Brownie”. Our Brownie buddies will usually be the sixer or second of each six.
- This term’s Brownie buddies are:
- Hedgehogs – Holly for Izzy D and Vika
- Rabbits – Charis for Izzy C and Jessica.
To received the lovely Brownie buddy badge and certificate, a Brownie buddy has to complete the following clauses:
- Show your new Brownie around your meeting place.
- Tell your new Brownie what happens in the Brownie ring at the start and end of Brownies.
- Explain the Brownie signals (e.g. hand up and ‘window’ means listen).
- Teach your new Brownie our opening song ‘Brownie bells’ actions.
- Teach your new Brownie our finishing song ‘Softly falls the light of day’.
- For Tweenies only – Help your new Brownie complete their Tweenie programme worksheets.
- For Tweenies only – Practice the Brownie promise and law with your new Brownie.
A Brownie buddy usually has between 6-10 weeks to complete all the clauses and will receive the badge and certificate at the Tweenies’ promise ceremony or at our end of term awards ceremony.
Leader resources: For any leaders from other units, if you like the sound of our Brownie buddy system, download the clauses here.