Daffodil has completed the Going Away Scheme qualification and is therefore qualified to organise and run Brownie Holidays; so we aim to go away twice a year around Spring (March/April) and Autumn (September) time. Our last Brownie holiday was in June 2019 – to see what we got up to check out our Parva House blog here. Our next Brownie holiday dates are:
Friday 24 to Sunday 26 September 2021 – Parva House
Spring or Autumn 2022 – Seagull House
September 2021 – Parva House
This trip was originally planned for March 2020; however, due to COVID-19 it was postponed until September 2020 then again until January 2021. In September 2020, it was decided to cancel it altogether and refund parents. However, to recoup the some of the accommodation costs, we have moved our booking to September 2021. Fingers crossed, it will go ahead. We will start the signing-up process for this again in May 2021.
When: 24 – 26 September 2021
Theme: All Things Messy and Sticky! Activities will include craft (painting, modelling) , play (experiments), cooking and, of course, lots of fun games and activities. We will complete the All Things Sticky Challenge and Brownie Painting Interest badges.
Cost: Around £20-£25, perhaps even less as we already have most of the craft resources saved from the cancelled weekend and 12 of the accommodation slots have already been paid for.
Sign up: Sign up will start in May 2021. A non-refundable deposit of £10 is required to secure a place.
Refunds Policy: Please read Refunds Policy and GoCardLess Links pages.
Places: Twelve for the whole weekend plus 6 for the day trip on the Saturday.
Day Trips: For those aged 7 (as at September 2021) who are not confident enough to stay away overnight, we run a day trip. Usually 9am – 4pm with lunch included. Day trip costs around £10.
Packing List (Not for Day visitors) –
- Pillowcase, t-shirt, vest or similar for tie dying. Must be 100% cotton and plain.
- Alternative face mask if unable to use home-made (yoghurt, honey, cocoa).
- Spare face flannel to wash off home made face masks.
- Sleeping bag in sleeping bag carrier
- Teddy bear or other night comforter
- Camp blanket/poncho (if owned)
- Pillow in pillow case
- PJs & slippers (hand carry slippers as outside shoes not permitted in the building)
- Baseball cap/sun hat/warm hat for garden
- 2 x Underwear & socks
- 2 x T-shirts & jumpers (wear one, pack one)*
- 2 x Trousers/leggings (wear one, pack one)*
* Brownie uniform is not required for whole weekend; arrive in uniform which they will wear on Saturday ; own clothes for Sunday.
- Wash bag containing toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, flannel, soap etc.
- Carrier bag for dirty underwear
- Hand towel for washing
- Hairband, bobbles etc. as shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back
- Sun cream and lip balm
- Torch – check it works before leaving
- Plastic refillable drinks bottle (with name/initials on)
- One tea-towel (named if possible or at least easily identifiable!)
- Pocket money for Parva House tuck shop (£3 max – loose coins, no notes).
Provisional menu is as follows (but may change depending on food survey results):
Friday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Saturday Breakfast – cereals, toast, jam & chocolate spread served with fruit juice
Saturday Elevenses – savoury cracker selection and juice
Saturday Lunch – sandwiches as picked, piece of fruit, bag of crisps and mud pudding!
Saturday Snack – tuck shop and bread tasting activity
Saturday Dinner – chicken/sausage roast with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy with vanilla jam sponge with custard or ice-cream
Saturday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Sunday Breakfast – same as Saturday
Day Visitors Info
Drop off: 0945-10am / Pick up: 4pm on Saturday 25 September 2021.
Wear: Brownie uniform without necker or sash. Bring slippers – nothing else needed. Lunch and drinks are provided.
June or September 2022 – Seagull House
Due to COVID-19 this has now been postponed for 24 months from September 2020
We are returning to our old favourite Seagull House nr Maplethorpe for our annual Autumn term weekend. A 2-night, full board adventure. This venue is ideal for full on themed weekends with costumes, characters, decorations, activities, crafts and food all based on a particular theme as chosen by the Brownies. Plus a trip to the beach! We will be completing I’m a Brownie Get Me Out of Here (Australian theme) and the Brownie Archaeology Interest Badge .
When: June or September 2022 tbc
Theme: I’m a Brownie Get Me Out of Here!
Cost: Around £30-£40 (depending on available funds). See GoCardless links to pay and for refund policy.
Sign-up: Sign up and forms will start May 2022