Daffodil has completed the Going Away Scheme qualification and is therefore qualified to organise and run Brownie Holidays; so we aim to go away twice a year around Spring (March/April) and Autumn (September) time. Our last Brownie holiday was in June 2019 – to see what we got up to check out our Parva House blog here.
Our planned weekends to Parva House in March 2020 & Seagull House in September 2021 were postponed indefinitely until such time the COVID-19 pandemic was stable, almost everyone has been vaccinated and we are finally back to “normal”. Thankfully, as at June 2021, we can now start planning these weekends again and have re-booked them. All details below.
Parva House – September 2022
When: Friday 30 September – Sunday 1 October 2022
Theme: All Things Messy and Sticky! Activities will include craft (painting, modelling) , play (experiments), cooking and, of course, lots of fun games and activities. We will complete the All Things Sticky Challenge and Brownie Painting Interest badges.
Cost: Around £20 (reduced from £35) perhaps even less as we still have most of the craft resources saved from the cancelled weekend and 12 of the accommodation slots have already been paid for.
Sign up: A non-refundable deposit of £10 is required to secure a place.
Refunds Policy: Please read Refunds Policy and GoCardLess Links pages.
Places: Not sure – provisionally 12 for the whole weekend plus 6 for the day trip on the Saturday BUT depending on the COVID-19 restrictions in 2022 we may be able to increase it back up to 18 for the whole weekend.
Day Trips: For those aged 7 who are not confident enough to stay away overnight, we run a day trip.
Usually 9am – 4pm with lunch included. Day trip costs around £10.
Packing List (Not for Day visitors) –
- Pillowcase, t-shirt, vest or similar for tie dying. Must be 100% cotton and plain.
- Alternative face mask if unable to use home-made (yoghurt, honey, cocoa).
- Spare face flannel to wash off home made face masks.
- Sleeping bag in sleeping bag carrier
- Teddy bear or other night comforter
- Camp blanket/poncho (if owned)
- Pillow in pillow case
- PJs & slippers (hand carry slippers as outside shoes not permitted in the building)
- Baseball cap/sun hat/warm hat for garden
- 2 x Underwear & socks
- 2 x T-shirts & jumpers (wear one, pack one)*
- 2 x Trousers/leggings (wear one, pack one)*
* Brownie uniform is not required for whole weekend; arrive in uniform which they will wear on Saturday ; own clothes for Sunday.
- Wash bag containing toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, flannel, soap etc.
- Carrier bag for dirty underwear
- Hand towel for washing
- Hairband, bobbles etc. as shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back
- Sun cream and lip balm
- Torch – check it works before leaving
- Plastic refillable drinks bottle (with name/initials on)
- One tea-towel (named if possible or at least easily identifiable!)
- Pocket money for Parva House tuck shop (£3 max – loose coins, no notes).
Provisional menu is as follows (but may change depending on food survey results):
Friday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Saturday Breakfast – cereals, toast, jam & chocolate spread served with fruit juice
Saturday Elevenses – savoury cracker selection and juice
Saturday Lunch – sandwiches as picked, piece of fruit, bag of crisps and mud pudding!
Saturday Snack – tuck shop and bread tasting activity
Saturday Dinner – chicken/sausage roast with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy with vanilla jam sponge with custard or ice-cream
Saturday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Sunday Breakfast – same as Saturday
Day Visitors Info
Drop off: 0945-10am / Pick up: 4pm on the Saturday.
Wear: Brownie uniform without necker or sash. Bring slippers – nothing else needed. Lunch and drinks are provided.
We are returning to our old favourite Seagull House nr Maplethorpe for our biannual weekend and finally have some dates! A 2-night, full board adventure. This venue is ideal for full on themed weekends with costumes, characters, decorations, activities, crafts and food all based on a particular theme as chosen by the Brownies. Plus a trip to the beach! We will be completing I’m a Brownie Get Me Out of Here (Australian theme) and the Brownie Archaeology Interest Badge .
When: Friday 23 June – Sunday 25 June 2023
Theme: I’m a Brownie Get Me Out of Here!
Cost: Around £30-£40 (depending on available funds). See GoCardless links to pay and for refund policy.
Sign-up: Sign up and forms will 6 months prior to the event.