Daffodil has completed the Going Away Scheme qualification and is therefore qualified to organise and run Brownie Holidays; so we aim to go away twice a year around Spring (March/April) and Autumn (September) time 🙂 Our last Brownie holiday was in June 2019 – to see what we got up to check out our Parva House blog here. Our next Brownie holiday dates are:
Friday 27th to Sunday 29th March 2020 – Parva House
Friday 18th to Sunday 20th September 2020 – Seagull House
Spring 2021 – PGL or Rand Farm (funds permitting) / Autumn 2021 – Parva House tbc
March 2020 – Parva House
We are returning to Parva House in March 2020:
Drop off: 6 – 6.30pm on Friday 27th March
Pick up: 11.15 – 11.30am on Sunday 29th March
Theme: We’ve decided to leave full-on themed holidays for when we go to Seagull House as that better suits the facilities there. For Parva House, it will be a more relaxing weekend with emphasis on all things sticky and messy: craft (painting, modelling) , play (experiments), cooking and, of course, lots of fun games and activities. We will complete the All Things Sticky Challenge and Brownie Painting Interest badges. We’ll also be holding the Promise ceremony for our 4 new Tweenies (Evelyn, Florence, Jasmine & Libby)
Sign-up – limited to 18 for whole weekend plus 6 for day visit only. LISTS NOW CLOSED
Confirmed places: Amelia W, Aurora, Chloe, Eloise, Ellie N, Esmee, Evelyn, Florence M, Isla J, Jasmine, Kitty, Libby, Lilly, Monty, Paige, Roger, Sophie S & Trevor (18). Day Visitors only: Ellie T & Amelia D (reserve for whole weekend)
Packing List –
- Pillowcase, t-shirt, vest or similar for tie dying. Must be 100% cotton and plain.
- Alternative face mask if unable to use home-made (yoghurt, honey, cocoa).
- Spare face flannel to wash off home made face masks.
- Sleeping bag in sleeping bag carrier
- Teddy bear or other night comforter
- Camp blanket/poncho (if owned)
- Pillow in pillow case
- PJs & slippers (hand carry slippers as outside shoes not permitted in the building)
- Baseball cap/sun hat/warm hat for garden
- 2 x Underwear & socks
- 2 x T-shirts & jumpers (wear one, pack one)*
- 2 x Trousers/leggings (wear one, pack one)*
* Brownie uniform is not required for whole weekend; arrive in uniform which they will wear on Saturday ; own clothes for Sunday.
- Wash bag containing toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, flannel, soap etc.
- Carrier bag for dirty underwear
- Hand towel for washing
- Hairband, bobbles etc. as shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back
- Sun cream and lip balm
- Torch – check it works before leaving
- Plastic refillable drinks bottle (with name/initials on)
- One tea-towel (named if possible or at least easily identifiable!)
- Pocket money for Parva House tuck shop (£3 max – loose coins, no notes).
Based on the food preferences surveys completed (on payment of deposit), our menu is as follows:
Friday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Saturday Breakfast – cereals, toast, jam & chocolate spread served with fruit juice
Saturday Lunch – sandwiches as picked, yoghurt, biscuit, piece of fruit and bag of crisps
Saturday Dinner – chicken/sausage roast with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy
Saturday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Sunday Breakfast – same as Saturday.
September 2020 – Seagull House
We are returning to our old favourite Seagull House nr Maplethorpe for our annual Autumn term weekend. A 2-night, full board adventure. This venue is ideal for full on themed weekends with costumes, characters, decorations, activities, crafts and food all based on a particular theme as chosen by the Brownies. Plus a trip to the beach! We will be completing The Seaside Challenge Badge and the Brownie Archaeology Interest Badge .
When: Drop off: 7pm on Friday 18th Sept / Pick up: 1200noon on Sunday 20th Sept
Theme: Oh! I do love to be beside the seaside!
Cost – round £30-£40 (depending on available funds)
Sign-up – sign up and forms will start May 2020.