Daffodil has completed the Going Away Scheme qualification and is therefore qualified to organise and run Brownie Holidays; so we aim to go away twice a year around Spring (March/April) and Autumn (September) time 🙂 Our last Brownie holiday was in June 2019 – to see what we got up to check out our Parva House blog here. Our next Brownie holiday dates are:
Friday 18th to Sunday 20th September 2020 – Parva House
Spring 2021 – PGL or Rand Farm (funds permitting)
Friday 24th to Sunday 26th September 2021 – Seagull House
September 2020 – Parva House
We were due to return to Parva House in March 2020; however, due to COVID-19 this has been postponed until Sept 20.
Theme: All Things Messy and Sticky! Activities will include craft (painting, modelling) , play (experiments), cooking and, of course, lots of fun games and activities. We will complete the All Things Sticky Challenge and Brownie Painting Interest badges.
Confirmed Places: Amelia W, Aurora, Chloe, Ellie N, Esmee, Evelyn, Florence M, Isla J, Jasmine, Kitty, Libby, Lilly, Monty, Paige, Roger, Sophie S & Trevor (17).
Those due to move up to Guides are still welcome to attend: Amelia W,, Esmee, Monty & Trevor
Amelia D as reserve, will now take the spare place.
Day Visitors only: Ellie T, Emmy, Evie & Gracie (4) with Buttercup, Daffodil & Daisy.
For Packing list and menu read on …
Packing List (Not for Day visitors) –
- Pillowcase, t-shirt, vest or similar for tie dying. Must be 100% cotton and plain.
- Alternative face mask if unable to use home-made (yoghurt, honey, cocoa).
- Spare face flannel to wash off home made face masks.
- Sleeping bag in sleeping bag carrier
- Teddy bear or other night comforter
- Camp blanket/poncho (if owned)
- Pillow in pillow case
- PJs & slippers (hand carry slippers as outside shoes not permitted in the building)
- Baseball cap/sun hat/warm hat for garden
- 2 x Underwear & socks
- 2 x T-shirts & jumpers (wear one, pack one)*
- 2 x Trousers/leggings (wear one, pack one)*
* Brownie uniform is not required for whole weekend; arrive in uniform which they will wear on Saturday ; own clothes for Sunday.
- Wash bag containing toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, flannel, soap etc.
- Carrier bag for dirty underwear
- Hand towel for washing
- Hairband, bobbles etc. as shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back
- Sun cream and lip balm
- Torch – check it works before leaving
- Plastic refillable drinks bottle (with name/initials on)
- One tea-towel (named if possible or at least easily identifiable!)
- Pocket money for Parva House tuck shop (£3 max – loose coins, no notes).
Based on the food preferences surveys completed (on payment of deposit), our menu is as follows:
Friday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Saturday Breakfast – cereals, toast, jam & chocolate spread served with fruit juice
Saturday Elevenses – savoury cracker selection and juice
Saturday Lunch – sandwiches as picked, piece of fruit, bag of crisps and mud pudding!
Saturday Snack – tuck shop and bread tasting activity
Saturday Dinner – chicken/sausage roast with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy with vanilla jam sponge with custard or ice-cream
Saturday Supper – Hot Chocolate or Squash with a small snack
Sunday Breakfast – same as Saturday
Day Visitors Info
Drop off: 0945-10am / Pick up: 4pm on tbc
Wear: Brownie uniform without necker or sash. Bring slippers – nothing else needed. Lunch and drinks are provided.
Spring 2021 – PGL or Rand Farm
We are currently raising funds for a trip to PGL or Rand Farm in Spring 2021. Costs will depend on how much we raise and how much we receive from our grant request. As always, we do try to subsidise to reduce the cost; we don’t go to these external providers often due to the cost – it is actually an easier weekend for the Leaders as they don’t have to plan anything! Primarily figures at the moment (if we raise/receive £500) would be:
Rand Farm £60 per head. They charge £70 and the unit would have to pay for all adults too.
PGL £90 per head. They charge £112 but one leader goes free for every 6 Brownies attending.
A decision will be made mid to late 2020 on whether or not we will be going to one of these external providers.
September 2021- Seagull House
Due to COVID-19 this has bow been postponed for 12 months until September 2021.
We are returning to our old favourite Seagull House nr Maplethorpe for our annual Autumn term weekend. A 2-night, full board adventure. This venue is ideal for full on themed weekends with costumes, characters, decorations, activities, crafts and food all based on a particular theme as chosen by the Brownies. Plus a trip to the beach! We will be completing The Seaside Challenge Badge and the Brownie Archaeology Interest Badge .
When: 24th – 26th September 2021
Theme: Oh! I do love to be beside the seaside!
Cost – Around £30-£40 (depending on available funds)
Sign-up – sign up and forms will start January 2021